This beef paprika is delicious and will be one of your go-to comfort foods. It’s so easy to make and you only need a few simple ingredients. The main ingredient is smoked paprika. It gives it that deep smoky rich flavor.
You can use any paprika if you don’t have smoked, but if you want the richness and smoky flavor, use smoked paprika. Any bbq sauce can be used, but I like sweet and tangy Kansas City-style sauces.
- 2 lbs. bottom round steak cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced or chopped
- 1 bottle bbq sauce
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a hot pan and add half the meat
- Stir and wait for the temp to come back up and add the remaining round steak
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Cover and let simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Serve on top of buttered noodles or rice