I’ve been eating Velveeta and Rotel cheese dip since I was a kid. It was one of my favorite meals, but I had to have some crispy Ore Ida french fries to dip in the cheese sauce. I made it for my kids and now my daughters make it for their kids. It’s a simple meal or snack that takes a few minutes and a few ingredients.
How to make Velveeta cheese dip with Rotel better
1. Try making the cheese dip with ground beef. Brown the hamburger meat like your making tacos and add it to the Velveeta and Rotel.
2. You can also use ground pork in the nacho dip like you would ground beef. When I use ground pork, I use half ground beef and half ground pork.
3. The dip is amazing with pork or beef chorizo. The combination of Velveeta, Rotel, and chorizo makes an amazing cheese sauce for nachos or to use in a Tex-Mex recipe. Add some salsa, and refried beans, and layer the mixture in a casserole with corn tortillas.
How to make the Velveeta and Rotel cheese dip
Put the milk in a pan that’s heated to medium-low heat and then add the cheese and Rotel. Stir constantly so the cheese doesn’t stick and break up the cheese while stirring. Serve on tortilla chips while hot.
Best chips for the nacho cheese dip
The best tortilla chips for nachos are hands down old-school Tostitos and Santitas.
Velveeta Cheese Dip with Rotel
- 1 lb. Velveeta cut into cubes
- 1 can Rotel or a can of tomatoes with green chilies original or extra hot
- 1/2 cup milk
- optional: ground beef ground pork
- Put all of the ingredients in a saucepan and heat on medium-low. Stir the cheese dip frequently so it doesn't stick and the cheese will melt faster.
- See notes below if adding meat