I’m a huge fan of lamb chops and ribs, but this was my first time cooking lamb leg steak. It was very flavorful and has the right amount of fat in the meat.
It’s a nice alternative to a beefsteak. This particular lamb leg steak is simple and only requires a few common ingredients. I pan-seared the steak and basted it with butter, rosemary, and thyme.
Pan-seared lamb leg steak
- 1 8 oz. Lamb leg steak
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Pre heat a cast iron or any heavy skillet to medium-high
- Season the lamb with kosher salt and black pepper
- Add the oil to the pan and coat the entire bottom. Put the lamb steak in the skillet and sear for two minutes on each side
- Turn the heat down and add the butter, garlic, thyme, and rosemary to the skillet
- Cook each side for another minute while basting
- Let the lamb steak rest for 5 minutes before cutting