This is very easy pork (Puerco) discada recipe that is very close to the real thing. The only thing missing is the disc plow to cook it on.
Street tacos are an all-time favorite food of mine and I eat them every Tuesday morning. Our local Mexican bistro has the best authentic Mexican food I’ve had and I’ve eaten Mexican cuisine in many-many states and cities.
On taco Tuesday my bag is filled with carnitas, pork rind, lengua, and Cabeza tacos. You can also make this discada ahead of time by combining all ingredients. They cook together well.
Mexican Pork Discada Tacos (Discada De Puerco)
- 10-12 slices bacon diced
- 1/2 lb. pork chorizo
- 5-6 hot dogs cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 lb. ham diced
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 jalapeno diced or two arbol chili peppers
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Heat a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat and add the bacon. Cook until the bacon is browned and the fat has been rendered.
- Turn the heat up to high, add the chorizo, ground pork, peppers, onion and tomato and cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the ham, hot dogs, and chicken stock. Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes or until the discada thickens