This is my go-to deviled egg potato salad that I’ve been making for years. When I originally started making this recipe, I used pickle relish and yellow mustard.
Today, I use a sandwich spread with the pickles and deli or brown mustard. These particular mustards give the potato salad a whole new profile, and the sandwich spread with the chopped pickles is far better than plain mayo.
This deviled egg potato salad is awesome with bbq.
Easy Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- 5-6 medium size russet potatoes
- 2 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp chopped onion red or yellow onion
- 2 tbsp chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup sandwich spread (with pickles)
- 2 tbsp deli or brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- peel and cube potatoes and place in a pot to boil with your eggs.
- cook for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- let potatoes cool and run cold water over eggs
- combine all the ingredients in a bowl
- stir and mash the potatoes to the desired consistency