This is a traditional Southern-style deviled egg potato salad with a twist. The addition of Kraft avocado ranch dressing makes takes this summer barbecue side to another level. The flavor of the avocado ranch totally compliments the other ingredients.
This potato salad will be a hit at your next bbq or picnic. I also added a dash of paprika before serving. It gives the potato salad a little color and added flavor. If you’re not a fan of avocado, sour cream will also work well with this recipe and a little crispy bacon on top before serving.
What is deviled egg potato salad?
Deviled egg potato salad is potato salad made with eggs, mayo, and pickles. It’s the same ingredients you use to make deviled eggs, but with potatoes and the eggs are incorporated into the recipe instead of the egg mixture being topped on the boiled egg whites.
What goes in avocado ranch red skin deviled egg potato salad?
A typical deviled egg potato salad will have either red skin or russet potatoes, mayonnaise, pickles, onion, bell pepper, mustard, and celery. It’s more than one way to make potato salad, but those are the typical ingredients. But I’ve added Kraft avocado ranch to give it a richer flavor and creamier texture.
What to serve with avocado ranch potato salad?
Avocado ranch potato salad can be served like any other traditonal Southern potato salad. Take it to a pot luck, bring it along to the picnic or eat it on the side with delicious smoked bbq. It’s also the best way to eat gumbo. I actually enjoy eating gumbo with potato salad more than white rice.
Avocado Ranch Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 lb. Red potatoes B size
- 1/3 cup Kraft sandwich spread
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pickle
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup Hidden Valley avocado-ranch
- 2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and cover with water. Boil the potatoes until fork-tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, boil the eggs.
- Let the potatoes and eggs cool. Remove the eggshells and chop the eggs once cooled.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.