This is a very simple and easy to make crab rangoon dip for snacking on and is also a crowd-pleasing appetizer for a cocktail party or for watching that big game. It’s one of my favorite football day snack foods.
It’s best served warm, but you can also eat it cold. I like it better warm because it’s easier to dip or spread the wonton strips with the dip. The fried wonton strips are made by cutting egg roll wrappers into long strips. I like to cut them into half sometimes so I can break them up into chips.
I was inspired to make this because my wife and I love crab rangoon and order it every time we get Chinese take out. The only problem is, I want the filling in every bite.
Now, I can get as much crab rangoon filling as I want with the dip. This recipe uses canned crab, but you can use any crab meat you like.
Crab Rangoon Dip with Wonton Strips
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 6 oz canned crab meat
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup green onion diced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Egg roll wrappers
- oil for frying
- Start by putting the cream cheese into a medium-size bowl and add the garlic powder, green onion, pepper flakes, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until the dip is smooth and all ingredients are blended well.
- Fold in the crab meat.
- Preheat a heavy skillet on medium-high heat with enough oil to fry the wonton strips.
- Cut the egg roll wrappers into 1 inch wide strips and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels