I’m a seafood junkie who loves eating lobster, crab, shrimp, scallops, and calamari. It doesn’t get much better than a whole steamed lobster, king crab legs, seared scallops, and hot drawn butter.
I’d feel guilty if I didn’t mention mussels and clams. Steamer clams or soft-shelled steamed clams are so delicious.
This lobster fried rice recipe doesn’t take long to make and is very very good.
What rice to use for fried rice?
For me, white rice trumps all other rice for making fried rice dishes. Day-old white rice is the best. If you want real fried rice, use rice that has been cooked the day before or refrigerated for a few hours.
You can also use this recipe to make a seafood fried rice with a couple of types of seafood or you can use crab, shrimp, or whatever you like.
Lobster Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked day-old white rice
- 8 oz lobster tail
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- soy sauce
- Pre-heat a wok or skillet to medium
- Cut the lobster tail into small bite size pieces
- Add the oil to the pan and stir fry the lobster for 45 seconds
- Remove the lobster and add the garlic, ginger, yellow onion, and peas to the pan and cook until tender
- Push the mixture to one side of the pan and add the eggs. Start lightly scrambling. When the eggs are cooked, add the rice and lobster.
- Stir fry for 30-45 seconds just to mix well. Add the green onions and remove from pan