This is my go-to deviled egg potato salad that I’ve been making for years. When I originally started making this recipe, I used pickle relish and yellow mustard.
Today, I use a sandwich spread with pickles and deli or brown mustard. These particular mustards give the potato salad a whole new profile, and the sandwich spread with the chopped pickles is far better than plain mayo.
This deviled egg potato salad is an awesome side dish with just about any main course, especially with BBQ.
Deviled Egg Potato Salad
- 4 medium- size russet potatoes russet or red
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 1 tablespoon green pepper minced
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion minced
- 2/3 cup sandwich spread Kraft or any brand with pickles
- 2 teaspoons deli mustard or yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large cubes. Boil for 8-10 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Let the potatoes cool down and add them to a large mixing bowl along with the rest of the ingredients and only half of the paprika
- Mix well and sprinkle the remaining paprika on top. Cover and put in the refrigerator to cool.